Friday, October 19, 2007

Musical & Black Wedding

It was early in the morning when I arrived at LCCT. The day was turning to be a hot one as I wheeled out my luggage. I announced my arrival to Mr Fedo, and headed to McDonalds for breakfast.

It was a short breakfast because Fedo don’t have the privilege to take his own sweet time for a long (and not so important) breakfast. He's a busy busy guy!

He handed his car keys and gave me a short (and confusing) direction to his car. As I neared the city centre, I passed by the Istana Budaya and instantly remembered about the “P. Ramlee The Musical” which opens tomorrow.

A quick check with people I know, I found myself queuing up for the tickets. I cant really say that I’m a huge fan of musicals, but “Puteri Gunung Ledang” was incredible ( I watched it twice!). Having said that, I foresee this musical would be as good, if not better simply because of the production and the A-list celebrities involved.

Did I get my tickets? NO.

There were about 35 people queuing ahead of me, and after an hour, I found myself standing at the exact same spot! I gave up.

SMS

Me : It’s not moving at all. I’ve been standing here forever. I give up
Fedo : Don’t bother. We’ll find our way.

I know we can get free tickets with just few phone calls. But I thought it would be nice to support the production. I don’t mind spending for something that I appreciate.

Reality Check: Most of the tickets are sold out. Forget about good seats. And I don’t have the patience and time to queue up.


Later that night, I got hooked up with Liena, Azli and Fedo. We had a series of interesting stories & catching-up. But one topic outshines the rest.

Liena : I wanna have a Black wedding
Me : No you are not.
Liena : Awh, come on, it’s my wedding. It should be about me, and what I want. And I choose black
Me : No, you are not. Your color is maroon.
Liena : Maroon is so common. And I look good in black. Just imagine a black dress, a black deco… gosh! It’s so me!
Me : Black is for funeral. It’s a bad color for a wedding.
Liena : Awh, come on. It’s suppose to be my big day, and I need at least one of you to support me. Fedo, what do you think?
Fedo : What?
Liena : Black wedding.
Fedo : Yeah, why not.
Liena : HUH…. SEEEEE!
Me : NO!. She cant wear black! You crazy huh?
Fedo : It’s her color.
Liena : [happy]
Me : You cant have a black wedding. Its bad luck, and it’s not just about you. It’s about your family, and think about your mum!
Fedo : What, you’re talking about your wedding?
Liena : Yeah!
Fedo : Hell no! You can’t wear black for your wedding! ……Bitch!
Me : And where have you been?
Fedo : I thought she’s talking about attending a wedding.
Liena : :~
Fedo : Even the mat sallehs, people who couldn’t be bothered about traditions and values wear white for wedding.
Me : Your color is maroon. Full stop.
Liena : It’s nice. Everything black. Sexy.
Azli : Gothic.
Fedo : Think about the embarrassment. Wedding involves family members.
Liena : It’s my wedding. Just imagine, we have black roses, black deco and I’m in black dress
Me : And your pelamin is a grave with a huge “R.I.P” on top of it
Fedo : All your relatives are gonna be there. And they’ll be shocked! And these people will talk.
Me : You can have a black party. But first, go with the normal wedding.
Liena : No, I want it black, with everyone. The actual wedding. I arrive in black, witnessed by everyone
Me : Shut up, Bitch. You go ahead with a rather normal wedding, and later on, we’ll have a party. You can have the black roses, the grave and I’ll do a fountain with blood pouring out of it.
Liena : [stare, frustrated]

Me : Anyway, when and who?
Liena : You know I’m not getting married anytime soon.
Me : So, we have a wedding, the concept and the details, but no groom?
Liena : Shut up.


Hahaha…

Reality check: I can imagine the wedding, the party and everything else but I can’t imagine Liena getting married. Maybe I just don’t want to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Black Wedding! WHY not..?? Its my wedding kan.. nyways, thanks for asking MY MUM directly on this during the raya the other day.. awww, she will say NO now.. but I'll make her be in my side SOON! ehehhehe! =p.. eyh, after all, she loves me too much to say NO to me.. ehehhehe! =p..

my mum rocks n u guys do know that kan..??

wahhhh! imagine me in black! ;).... so nice!! ehehhhe! =p..

gothic' wedding of the century! wooo hooo!~ God Bless! ahaks! ;)

mmuuahhhsss!~

Unknown said...

Oh god... Come on... Youre're never gonna have a black wedding!

Water Business!

Let’s talk about one of the most important consumer items — water, or more precisely bottled water (be it still, reverse osmosis or whatev...