Monday, October 22, 2007

EMOTIONS

Can People Hide Emotions Entirely?
22nd October 2007
By Fedo


It was a very cold morning as the rain keeps pouring continuously. Suddenly this question struck my mind “Can people hide emotions? I googled the meaning of emotion and emotion is actually a "complex of reaction pattern, involving experiential, behavioral, and physiological elements, by which the individual attempts to deal with a personally significant matter of event." It arises without conscious effort and is either positive or negative in its valence. (Thanks to Wikipedia). Being me, an ordinary layman, I would say emotion is a psychological affect on something in which resulted an expression (still sound funny to me)

Anyway, there are so many kind of emotions and each one of us has gone through it before or even now. Sad, happy, disappointment, anger, confuse, surprise and many more which you can get more in your YM or IM emoticons. Sometimes I do feel like, how hard I try to hide my emotion, but somehow people dear to me will notice it. Maybe because I’m so expressiveJ.

I noticed sometimes that people try their hardest to hide their emotions but somehow the eyes, lips, eyebrows, forehead or even ears will give the opposite sign. They are like fighting against you and you just have to try very hard to win the battle. The battle with your own self. I wonder who will ever win the battle.


Image: www.istockphoto.com

Poll - Can people hide emotions entirely?
  • Yes
  • No

(You may answer in the comments section)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My answer would be NO. Especially to your loved ones.

It is rather natural for you to be able to read, feel and get involved with the emotion of the person that is dear to you.

This applies not just to the one person i love, but to those i care about as well.

I don't think we should ever treat it like a battle. Because if you do, it would be a lost for both party. I'd prefer it to be shared, cherished and comforted.

Cheers!

P/S: By the way, Fedo is an official contributor to this blog!

Look forward to more mindful entries!

Water Business!

Let’s talk about one of the most important consumer items — water, or more precisely bottled water (be it still, reverse osmosis or whatev...