Monday, October 8, 2007

3rd October -Pui Fuen's Birthday


Tuesday, 3rd October 2007

Me and my fellow colleagues have been planning for a surprise birthday party for Pui Fuen (a dear collegue). We have been discussing the party via emails for quite some time.

I was in-charge of liaising with the restaurant, getting the gift and update everyone. The biggest challenge was to get her to the restaurant, without knowing what is happening. The best person to ‘handle’ her was Peter, our CEO. And he did it flawlessly.

Everyone else? We were full of flaws! And we were very lucky.

Example:

Me. I was getting the birthday card. As I was walking back to office, I saw Pui Fuen coming to the shop. I was totally blank when I saw her.

Pui Fuen : Getting raya card is it?
Me : YES!! (relieved)


Another example:

Me and Jeevan. We were going out to the restaurant at 5+. I got all my stuff packed and rushed out of office. I knew I will say something wrong if I start talking to her. Jeevan was still in the office. And too bad, he met by Pui Fuen.

Pui Fuen : Where are you going?
Jeevan : I don’t know. Audrey ask me to follow Aziz.
Pui Fuen : Where?
Jeevan : I don’t know.

He got all his stuff packed and went out. I was relieved when I saw him. But then, Pui Fuen came out.

Pui Fuen : Aziz, where are you bringing Jeevan?
Me : Err… We’re going for buka puasa.
Pui Fuen : Buka puasa? This guy? Bullshit lah

[Later]
Jeevan : Buka puasa? That was the WORST lie dude!
Me : I know!

My other colleagues also almost blew it up. But we manage to cover it up, somehow. Later that night we found out that Pui Fuen actually told her mum that her colleagues are very suspicious. Haha.. it was pretty difficult to hide it because Pui Fuen know us too well, and it was pretty difficult to hide the excitement of doing this!

Ok, the idea was we all get to the restaurant and wait for Peter to bring her. And it worked out pretty well (Thank god!). They arrived at approx 7.30 and we greeted her with a birthday song.
I must also give credit to Stefan (Pui Fuen’s husband). He played a very important role in this plan as well.

We had our dinner, and that evening was filled with chatter and laughter. It was a small but intimate gathering. There were plenty of funny conversations and act. And I enjoyed the most! Let me re-cap 1 of it

Pui Fuen was looking for her car key. We were told that it was in Audrey’s bag. She looked, and it was not there.

Robin : Your car key is with Audrey
Pui Fuen : No. It’s not. I checked.
Robin : Don’t worry, its with Audrey. Your husband passed it to Audrey when we came in earlier. And she put it in her bag
Pui Fuen : It’s not in there.
Robin : Yes, it is.
Me : Robin, she is holding Audrey’s bag. It’s not in there.
Robin : Awh, Don’t worry. Your car key is safe. Somewhere.
Pui Fuen : [Stares]
Robin : Happy Birthday!! Cheers!

There were plenty of funny, crazy, wild and confusing conversations later on. Went home at 1+.



Pui Fuen & Husband

Let's cut the cake!

That is Audrey

Pui Fuen & Christian


This is Peter. Our CEO.


Peter & Christian.

Pui Fuen

The two MAT SALLEH in my office. Robin & Christian


The celebrities : Christian (Cleo most Eligeble Bachelor), Serena C (Mixx FM) & Peter Pek (The Firm)


Audrey, Pui Fuen and her birthday gift


A close-up of the gift

The card

Happy Birthday Pui Fuen!!











1 comment:

Unknown said...

thank you thank you, it was an unforgettable time for me. didn't mean to "blow" your cover but it was a bit too obvious :p anyhow, well done!! at least nothing was revealed till the last minute. and u got my husband involved!! and MY MUM!!! hahahahaa u got her confused, she actually wished me in the morning :) THANKS FOR THE GOOD MEMORY...

Water Business!

Let’s talk about one of the most important consumer items — water, or more precisely bottled water (be it still, reverse osmosis or whatev...