Thursday, October 4, 2007

Monday -1st October 2007

Back at work. And my schedule was pretty crazy. Woke up as early as 5.30 am - Not for sahur but I had an early appointment. SingleTrackMind (Alex) was invited as a guest on “Hello on 2” (or better known as HOT), a live breakfast show, RTM style.

The traffic was pretty smooth and we arrived at Angkasapuri around 7.15am. I left Alex with the make-up artist and took a short tour in the control room. I’ve been there a couple of times, and I know most of the crew there. Fyi, the producer of the show, Monica Phang is such a motherly person. Whereas the host, Zamil, is a nice chab. Full of cheers. He’s pretty good with interviews because he don’t ask questions, he ask GOOD questions. And he is always prepared. Kudos!

He was accompanied by Angeline, the new host for the show.


Zamil & Angeline

I went through the schedule with Alex and he saw that he was addressed as “Multi Talented Artist”

Alex : “Multi Talented”? I’m not multi talented. They got it wrong.
Me : You write lyrics, you compose song, and you sing. You are multi talented!

Being a typical down-to-earth person, Alex corrected Zamil about the subject.

(Live)
Alex : I have to correct you about the “Multi Talented”.......
Zamil : You are multi talented.


Alex writes beautiful lyrics, his music has it’s own identity and he has a wonderful voice. The 2nd album is a great piece, his single is climbing in the charts and 2 of his song has been featured in a Hollywood movie. But still, he is a person with both of his feed tied on the ground.

Im not saying this because I’m managing his PR. Seriously, how many Malaysian artist has gone that far?


I rushed back to office and start cracking my stuff. There were about 40 emails and I had plenty of deadlines.

2.00pm: Had a meeting with my property client. It was rather interesting as we are planning an event in mid November. I was glad the meeting wasn’t that long.

Rushed back to office and back to my pc. The next thing I realized was it’s already 6.10pm.

My plan was to grab something at The Weld for buka puasa as I have to fetch Alex at 7.30pm. On the way to Alex's, I passed by KL Sentral and i thought of giving Fedo a buzz.

Me : Where are u?
Fedo : Reaching KL Sentral.
Me : Same here. Jom buka puasa. (Let’s break fast)
Fedo : Chicken rice please (Knowing I’m gonna say McDonalds or KFC)

We had our break fast at The Chicken Rice Shop.


NOTE: DON’T GO THERE. THE SERVICE SUCKS AND THE WAITERS WERE RUDE.


Later: I was on my way to fetch alex, and my radio was tuned to Suria FM.

DJ : Nak pilih lagu siapa. (What song would you like to request)
Caller : Saya nak lagu dari dua artist Sarawak yang hot. Dayang Nurfaizah “Hilang” dengan SingleTrackMind “One Day” (I want from 2 hot Sarawakian artist, Dayang Nurfaizah “Hilang” and SingleTrackMind “One Day”)

Hot? hahaha....

Arrived at Alex’s around 7.40 and we shoot to Astro. He was scheduled to appear live on Xfresh FM.

The interview was fun. DJ Ady is hilarious asusual. He is full of crazy ideas and we had so much fun. He picked up a short story in the newspaper and asked Alex to create a song. Spontaneously. Alex don’t speak Malay, but he did it pretty well. It was suppose to be fun thing, and in Alex’s case, it was really funny!!!

DJ Ady

Alex & Aimi

Alex sang "One Day" -Acoustic

That dude in stripes shirt is Shaz, or better known as DJ Beeyoncit. He's the man!!

Alex, Aimi & DJ Ady

I left Alex and Aimi (The Guitarist) with DJ Ady for a while and visited Hitz.FM (which is just 7 footsteps away). DJ Hani is HOT! And she is an extremely nice person. Will be arranging an interview with her soon.

Me & DJ Hani


I got home at 11-ish. It was a tight 17-hour marathon. I love my job.


Cheers!

No comments:

Water Business!

Let’s talk about one of the most important consumer items — water, or more precisely bottled water (be it still, reverse osmosis or whatev...