Friday, November 16, 2007

New Toy!!

I got myself a new toy! It's something i've been eyeing for quite sometime. It's a cure for my online addiction.

Yeah baby, i got myself a Maxis Broadband. Now i can go online anywhere and anytime! I am posting this entry at home, on my bed. And i'm lovin it!





I was looking for a broadband to fullfill my professional requirement as well as my online cravings for quite some time. And when i saw Celcom's advertisement on TV, i was pretty sure that i will go for that.

However, i was a little dissapointed to know that despite their "ONLY RM68" campaign, the tiny modem itself costs RM1299.

***

I was rusing to a store near my office and since it's Thursday, i had to go through the pasar malam (night market) at the courtyard. I was distracted by the word "broadband" and decided to stop buy.

I was shocked when the sales dude told me that the modem is FREE. All you need to pay is RM100 registration and fixed monthly chare of RM138.

After a good 25 mins Q&A session with that dude, i decided to go for it. I told Pui Fuen about it and she came down to have a look.

Pui Fuen with the sales person

Pui Fuen : How long has this product been in the market?
Salesperson: I think it's been a year.
Pui Fuen: Are you sure?
Salesperson: I'm not too sure, but i join Maxis about 5 months ago, and this product is already there.

10 mins later

Salesperson: Sorry, wrong info. This product is about 1 month
Pui Fuen: Aiyoooh....Product knowledge!!!

She was really intrerested as well, but her husband is not really keen. We decided to let me test it for week and see how it goes.

**

On my way back to office, i bum into Ann. We were classmates back in Uni, and she was known as "Ann Hugo" (She hosted the programme called Hugo). Now she is doing really well as a Deeejay/ TV host / Actress. It was a short but nice cathing-up session.

Me and Ann

**

Dinner was at my Uncle's restaurant. It was heavenly! My uncle always feed me with stuff that is beyond my capacity!

I had this. Times 3!

Cheers!

1 comment:

wahdi said...

masa i kecik dulu suka tgh gameshow hugo tu, dah besar ann tu ek? hehe
I pun nak maxis tu lah!

Water Business!

Let’s talk about one of the most important consumer items — water, or more precisely bottled water (be it still, reverse osmosis or whatev...