Sunday, November 4, 2007

Flowers & Business

I visited my neighbor, who is a florist. They were preparing for a wedding delivery. I keep them entertained (or the other way round) while I took some shots of the well-decorated flowers.

Before I proceed with the pictures, there is something I’d like to share about them. Their shop does not operate like every other florist. They don’t cater for walk-in at all. Everything is arranged in advance. With just a team of 2 people, they supply flowers to few hotels, restaurants and the Prime Minister’s office (Yes, Pak Lah’s office!)

They also do bouquets, fruit basket and guess what? Free delivery.

Zul, the dude in-charged of marketing (and everything else) gave up his well-paid job at Petronas to concentrate on this business.

I find it fascinating to look at people who are dedicated in what they do, and doing it wholeheartedly. It was also inspiring at the very same time as they go for the big market. Reminds me of a quote I truly believe. It was by Mr Donald Trump, “Go big or don’t go at all”.

Cheers!

No comments:

Water Business!

Let’s talk about one of the most important consumer items — water, or more precisely bottled water (be it still, reverse osmosis or whatev...