Saturday, February 16, 2008

CNY Open House #1

Me & my colleagues was invited to Ms Kim's open house (Country Head of CIBA Vision) . She is a lovely person, and to skip her open house is like missing your fav reality show!

It was at her house, which is at Bukit Rahman Putra. I have no idea how to get there and Audrey (my boss) somehow convinced that she 'figured out' the way... so we decided to go together. Audrey drove and I put Desiree as the navigator. She is better with roads (compared to me -i think!)

Well, later on i found out that Audrey actually bought a directory book about the roads! Nowonder she seems to know how to get here and there.


And i must say, it is very useful. I'm no good in reading maps etc, but if you are, you should consider buying one!

Upon arriving, i was a little stunned to look at the set-up. It was different from the usual CNY open house. She hired "The Big Rajah" as the caterer and i can say that the deco was "A fusion of Chinese & Indian". I think the idea is brilliant. Every other CNY will be serving more-or less the same type of food, and plus, Indian food is suitable for every walk of guests..

She took us for a tour around the house. And i truly admire her taste.

The Water Feature

The Garden

Candles. Nice huh?

The View. I must say that it was fantastic! -This pic is not doing justice!

Another Water Feature

Elephant-shape burner

Now, let's look at the food.

Me: Dess, the food is like something i would see at your open house.
Dess: Yeah!! Really.


Fyi, Dess is half punjabi.

Briyani, Chicken masala, eermm... i forgot the rest!

There were too many to choose!

There were people grilling satay, roasted lamb. I just like to look at them doing all that. It brings out the mood.

You can also order a Tosei!


Yummylicious brownies, cakes, and cookies

And the caterer

This is my plate.

The gift.. Chocolates & Oranges.. Me likey!

This is Audrey

And this is Desiree... "I'm too full"

That's me, Kim & Audrey.. Notice the deco behind us?

I must say, this is by far the best open house i've been this year. The food was heavenly, and everything was properly organised. Thank you Kim!! Gong Xi Fatt Choi!

Cheers!

No comments:

Water Business!

Let’s talk about one of the most important consumer items — water, or more precisely bottled water (be it still, reverse osmosis or whatev...