Sunday, December 23, 2007

VIP Gift for the wedding

I spent the whole day looking for VIP gift for the wedding. My aunt has given me a budget, and my mum has warned me to get something nice.

I went everywhere, and gave up. On my way home, i drop by Ampang point to get something, and i saw this Iran shop. Got the best bargain ever!


This is a perfume vase (is it called vase?). They claimed it's gold plated. I like it because it goes with the overall theme. The wedding will be held Pakistani style, and this would be perfect!

Me: How much is this?
Salesperson: Original price is RM200 per piece. But now we are having sale, it's on 50%.
Me: Ok, what if I take 10, can you give me a better deal?
Salesperson: [Calculating with his calculator] Ok, i can give you RM70 each.
Me: That's not good. You have to give me better price. You have 12, and basically you're clearing your stock. I'll take 10. Give me something good.
Salesperson: [Calculating again] Ok boss, i can give you 10 for RM500.

At this point of time, i was happy already. But i was also feeling greedy, and i somehow figured that i can negotiate this guy. haha..

Me: RM500 is still expensive for me. Ok, How about RM250?
Salesperson: That's not possible. Give me some money.
Me: Come on, I know you can.
Salesperson: [Calculating again] Cannot boss, give me some more money.
Me: Ok, I'll pay RM270 for all 10.
Salesperson: Rm270? Ok.
Me: OK? Go pack now!

Honestly, i was just trying my luck and i never thought he would agree with RM270!!!

While packing, i saw his face changed. And he look a little reluctant. But the deal is sealed....

I brought it to my usual place; a shop that sell all wedding stuff. And those people there are fantastic!. I went in, choose what i want and told them how i want it.

Me: Ok, boleh buat tak? (Can do or not?)
Lady: Boleh... Cantik sangat ni! (Can.. This is very nice!)
Me: Ok, i datang ambil lusa. Boleh siap tak? (I'll come in 2 days. Can get it done or not?
Lady: Abang boleh tunggu tak? Kita buat sekarang. (Can you wait for a while, we do it now)

I love the attitude. Make my work easier, and save my precious time.

She called her team and they were on to it.




Let's see the transformation, step by step.


Step 1: Find a nice box. Glue the bottle to the box.

Step 2: Put some fur-stuff behind it. And decorate the front part of the box with glittering beads.

Step 3: Tadaaaaaaa.......

While waiting for them, i play around with some stuff at their shop, and suggested that they should do something like that. I went seach at thei candle department and found something. And guess what? They are making it for the shop and now it's on sale! Haha...

Cheers!

No comments:

Water Business!

Let’s talk about one of the most important consumer items — water, or more precisely bottled water (be it still, reverse osmosis or whatev...