Monday, December 3, 2007

Aunty Whitney.....

Me, Fedo, Azli, Friz got there around 7.30pm and got a heart attack. Cars were parked over 1km away. We looked everywhere, tried to bribe a guy at the Science Centre and settled with a spot about 1.3km from the entrace of the concert venue. Yeah baby, we walk!

We had to queue for about an hour before entering the venue. And while queing, there was an annoncement saying "No cameras allowed. If you have any, please keep it in your car".

I had 2 cameras in my bag. Did i send it back to my car? Hell no!

Fedo: Hey, let's keep the camera lah
Me: No way
Fedo: They are checking everyone. Let's not waste our time waiting now and kena halau (being chased away) later.
Me: Hey, they didn't write "no cameras allowed" on the ticket. I can argue. I came by taxi, so, should i go home just to keep this camera?
Fedo: Ok, let me go and keep it in the car.
Me: Nope. It's ok. We'll sort it out.

What happen at the entrance? Nothing. I walked in without being questioned at all. Want to know why? Because the cameras were hidden in my umbrealla. Hahhaha

We arrived on the field and found our best spot. For the record, the ticket was not priced at RM900. The word "Elite pass" was printed on every freaking ticket. [I told you that Fedo was pulling my leg!]
The stage was huge, and the sound sytem was great but the mic went off few times during the opening. I was totally pissed with the giant screen. So screwed!

Opening the act was Nikki, singing a medley of "Can You Feel It" and "Rhythm Nation". Her voice was fantastic and her performance was outstanding. She started the show with a blast. There was a moment where she went a little crazy with her dance, but the rest was superb.

Nikki (center)


Her performace was followed by Anuar Zain, Jacklyn Victor, Noreen Aziz, Lah (VE), Azan (Ruffedge) and Sofea (Sorry, i don't know her). Honestly, i was not entertained by any of them. I had high expectations on Jac & Anuar, but i think their selection of songs are a lil out. Unlike Nikki, they belted a slow number, which is not suitable for the event, "Live and LOUD".


Sofea (who?) & Anuar Zain


Nikki (full of energy) and Noryn Aziz (Always Jazzy)

Jac and Mod

They ended the performance with a group song.




Finale



Later on, it was SHAGGY's time. IT WAS A BLAST!!! I was never into Shaggy, but I am now. His performance was full of energy, and the crowd were partying all the way. Trust me. it was really good.


I enjoyed every mins of the performance. LOVED IT!!! KUDOS!!!!!!

The crowd cheered when he said goodbye and said "Enjoy Whitney". But guess what? Whitney only got on stage about an hour later. 4% of the crowd left before she started singging.

I was totally pissed with the organisers repeteadly announcing "No picture or filming is allowed during her performance". Go to hell!!

How was whitney? Dissapointing. She is a living legend. “THE WHITNEY”. And my expectations were sky-high. It was really sad to see that she was not even close to the sky.

She was acting funny, and looked a little ‘high’. I overheard people around me saying “Gosh, she is totally stoned!”. I’m not sure if it’s true, but she was acting funny, and singing horribly. I prefer to stay at home and put on her CD.

15% of the crowd left halfway. And when she bid farewell, people actually walk away. I was already on my way when I heard people screaming again. She actually came back and sing another song after a group of people carelessly screamed “We want more”. I went back to watch. It was possibly my very last time watching her live, so, i should wacth the whole thing.



Dear Whitney, I love you, and will always love you. You have a special place in my heart.

I'm sorry, i think this is possibly the best time for you to retire. Let us remember you as "The Whitney".

Remember i said screw the organisers for not allowing any filming? Haha.... Enjoy the exclusive clipping....




Cheers!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hye.em,anymore pictures of anuar zain?sory kacau..huhu =)

Unknown said...

Haha.. no more dear... i lebih excited nak ambik gambar Whitney...

Alam Setia said...

wow...bestnyer dapat tgk persembahan itu

Water Business!

Let’s talk about one of the most important consumer items — water, or more precisely bottled water (be it still, reverse osmosis or whatev...