Friday, September 21, 2007

It was Planet Hollywood.

SMS from Liena:
“Hmm, want to berbuka kat yong tau foo ke? Or you would prefer waffle? Or Suzi? Ehehe! I can’t decide. U sure u don’t want Planet? Come lah. We have lotsa food you know! =). My Favourite is kebab. Come lah. Later when Nana is in KL we can come eat here again”

I replied with confirmation. So, we had our buka puasa at Planet Hollywood. It was nice to buka puasa with my darling liena!

This is my darlin Liena

I was at KL Sentral to fetch Azli & Fedo approx 6.17pm. And suprisingly, we arrived at Planet Hollywood at 6.45pm. We were seated at the garden.

Notice the White & greenish tent? That's the garden.

They had this "Hari Raya" look-alike deco around. I like

In the spirit of Ramadhan, they created a special menu to make our fasting month more astounding. The delights and attractions is simply designed to spoil your choice. If you treasure local cuisine, there was an array of mouth-watering kampong-style dishes, all served to you the Hollywood way!

I’m not really good in identifying what is what but I know that some of the items included in the spread are "Ayam Masak Lemak Cili Padi", “Rendang Daging Pedas”, "Sambal Udang & Petai", "Nyonya Assam Curry Fish", "Baked Fish Portuguese Style", Fried Kailan with Mushrooms", "Sotong Masak Hitam Manis", "Ketam Goreng Cili", “Gulai Ikan Masin Bernenas”, “Kerabu Mangga”, “Lala Masam Manis”, “Ikan Bakar”.


These are just at one corner.

I don’t have to write about their western cuisine because it’s Planet Hollywood! (lol!) But I’d like to write about the service. There was a pasta corner where you can pick and choose the ingredients and have it cooked right before your eyes. Personalized service. I like!

Step 1: Choose

Step 2: Choose some more
Step 3: Just take whatever you want
Step 4: And that dude cook it for you!

Step 5: Tadaaaaaaa!

There was also a kebab corner and barbeque corner. They really know how to spoil people with choice!

Their dessert was simply fabulous! I’m a dessert freak and it was heaven for me! Their bread pudding is to die for!. There was just too many stuff, and it’s impossible for me to name one by one. But I’d like to mention a few traditional dessert that was nicely presented; “Pengat Pisang”, “Bubur Kacang Hijau”, “Bubur Cha-Cha”, “Bubur Biji Nangka” and “Bubur Pulut Hitam” . Can you imagine all of these are available at Planet Hollywood? I find it very interesting. Truly a fusion of modern & traditional food.

The dessert

Choc Fountain

They had enough stock of dessert for the night!

Below are some pics of what was on our table.

Satay

The delicious kebab

Fedo's speghetti

Plate 1 (No name mentioned)

Plate 2 (No name mentioned)

This is mine! The bread pudding is superb!

Mine as well.

Hey, i told you i'm crazy with dessert right?

This is Azli's selection of ice cream and fruits

We enjoyed the buka puasa. the food was really good, but what made the evening delicious was my friends.

Liena & Fedo

Fedo kekenyangan (Full)

Azli

And this is me

Awh, we also had a free flow supply of Nicotine

Gosh...

While we were enjoying a series of "super interesting" conversation, a salesgirl drop by and showed Liena something rather interesting.

And this is Liena's new toy.

As mentioned yesterday, their Ramadhan Buffet is only RM33++ per person (the ++ is only RM5). It is the cheapest in town. As for me, it is the best buffet in KL! If you are thinking of going there, do call 03- 2144 6602 for reservations. It’s always full!

For the record, i will be going to Planet Hollywood again for buka puasa on these dates:

  • 25th Sept 2007 (With my family)
  • 6th Oct 2007 (With my dearie Zaff & Jaja)
  • With Nana -TBC

Thanks Liena, Fedo & Azli for the wonderful buka puasa!

Cheers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Last nite Berbuka Puasa was superb! I like the way u started ur blog! with my sms..! ehehhe! notty boi! what if its a private sms..? ahaks!~ =p.. nyways, so sorry coz sum of the food running out fast coz everyone mcm ambik everything like there's no tomorrow.. tak per, nanti i'll make sure fedo will get his udang (pity him! he was craving for it yday!)..

thanks fo coming u guys! lets do it sum mo! =)]


mmuuahhh!~

hugs n kissess!!

* liena *

Unknown said...

Ahaks.. It's always nice to have you as a "starter" (I'm referring to my blog!).

I'll be going on the 25th with my family. will drag fedo along and get him his Udang.

hahahahha....

p/s: I'm craving for the bread pudding.

Water Business!

Let’s talk about one of the most important consumer items — water, or more precisely bottled water (be it still, reverse osmosis or whatev...