Friday, August 13, 2010

Al-Layaly



I was about 16 when i first heard this song. It was in a cd of an Arabic compilation. I bought it out of curiosity and after going through the songs, i kinda liked "Al-Layaly".

I have this old habit of playing the same song over and over again until something new got my attention (I still do this now). So, for a while, the song were on my playlist.

On top of that, the music video was kinda cool & fun and the singer was hot! lol!

Recently, i had the privilage to meet her in person. My agency did the PR for the concert. It was kinda special for me as i know her songs.

At the press conference

There were some notable changes with her face, but i must say, she is still hot!. And her vocal is simply outstanding. I have not seen a singer with such powerful voice.


The show was very straight forward. It was just her accompanied by 13 musicians. No dancers, no props, no stage movements nothing. Just her belting out some crazy numbers for two hours. She didn't even stop for a quick break to change clothes whatsoever.

It was a good concert and people really enjoyed it. Everyone was up on their feet and dancing. It was kinda funny to see those in Jubah (Arabic Robe) dancing. On the other side, there was a group of guys doing some belly dancing moves.

Faizal Tahir did the opening performance and he was good. He sang Selamat Malam, which is a beautiful song.


I was kinda busy, and above was the only pic i have with her. lol

~Cheers!

No comments:

Water Business!

Let’s talk about one of the most important consumer items — water, or more precisely bottled water (be it still, reverse osmosis or whatev...