Sunday, October 12, 2008

I'm a Father!

Yes. I am a "Daddy" now. It's a boy. The name is Iskandar Faleeq and he is super cute.

Ok, my mum might faint if someone go and tell her this. Haha...

He is my son, but his full name is Iskandar Faleeq Bin Mohd Iskandar Dzulkarnain. My dear friends, Iskandar & Eliz became parents recently and they made me the Godfather.

It was truly an honour to be selected even though I have absolutely no idea what I'm meant to do.

When I first googled the word, most of the results are somewhat like “a person responsible for giving religious and spiritual guidance". And it’s all about Christianity. I was a little worried. Not just because I’m a Muslim, but the fact that I am responsible for giving religious & spiritual guidance. That’s a huge role!

A quick whip around the Wikipedia tells me that:

" Traditionally, the godparents were counted informally responsible for ensuring that the child's religious education was carried out and for caring for the child should he/she be orphaned.
Today the word "godparent" may not have explicitly religious overtones. The modern view of a godparent tends to be an individual chosen by the parents to take an interest in the child's upbringing and personal development.
"

Well,"To take an interest in the child’s upbringing and personal development" is something I am capable of. I think.

For now, what I can think of are:

  • Visit him regularly
  • Check on his developments
  • Buy him cool presents
  • Look out for his education progress
  • Be the person he can talk to (stuff that he can’t tell the parents)
  • Let him sleep on my couch when he fight with the parents

I’m on the right track, am I?

I’m sure I’ll see a clear picture as he grow. And I sincerely hope my role is not more than a superficial one. I am truly honored because Isz & Eliz are among the selected friends whom I am open with. Regardless of the wacky circumstances, they still handed the big title to me.

Wiki also said “A child may have one, two or several godparents.” And Faleeq has 3! Check out the other 2 godparents

The other 2 Godparents

The soft & potentially the person responsible for spoiling him : Alin

The person he'll be most comfortable to talk about "adult stuff": Fedo

The ones with real responsibilities and authority to fire any of us: Eliz & Isz

Now let's look at our son:

Disclaimer: He was born spiked-up. Fashionable by nature!

Welcome to the world, son. Congratulations to Isz & Eliz

Cheers!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey... we look awful compared to junior.. Anyway, it was nice having all the daddy and mummy coming at once.. we're truly am greatful to have u guys as frens.. cheers!

Ms. Eza said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hey Cuz.. U look like ur about to poke the cute little kid! Hmmm Godfather? Are u sure? Haha. My main concern of you being his Godfather is; his first few words might be.. 'Eve'...'Evennn'.... 'Event!'. Huhu.

Anyway, congratulations on being a daddy! And do congratulate both your friends for the cute baby boy =) He's truly adorable =D

Anonymous said...

love the baby's hairdo!! ;)

The role of godparents are taken seriously by the Christians/Catholics. Basically, you act as the parent in the absence of the kid's own parents :) so that means, not only u get to buy cool stuff, u need to be stern as well! a couch to stay over? hahahaa! well, depends on the situation.

congrats on being a god-dad :) enjoy pampering the baby ;) hehehehe

Desiree Kaur said...

Congrats! But where is the picture of you carrying him? hehehehe

Water Business!

Let’s talk about one of the most important consumer items — water, or more precisely bottled water (be it still, reverse osmosis or whatev...