Monday, August 4, 2008

Zaf's Engagement

My Darling Zaf is now officially engaged. I'm so happy for her. It's a big deal for me coz she is one of my dearest friend. We've known each other for almost 8 years.

We came up with this idea of having the engagement ceremony themed "Pertunangan Dalam Istana" (Royal Engagement). Everything was properly planned, incorporating all the traditions and cultural elements.

I must say, the ceremony was very sweet. The deco somewhat portray the Palace presence. The grand music of gamelan was played throughout the day. The hantaran (gifts) was designed as per the royal items; Bunga Emas, Tengkolok, Keris, Sireh Junjung etc.

There was Dayang Istana accompanying the Puteri, and Pahlawan (or they call it Penghulu Dulang) bringing the Hantaran into the hall.

The actual engagement ceremony was entirely conversed in Berbalas Pantun. It was so sweet and entertaining!

I was a little moved when my best friend walks through the steps and make her way to the centre of the stage and her fiancĂ©e’s Mum completed the engagement. I could see her hands were shaking and I could almost hear her heart pounding.

Thing went a little more emotional when her mum was seated next to her. But her smile just eases the entire situation. As I was directing the sound-man to slow down the music, I saw a bright light of happiness in her face. And that is exactly what she deserves…

Selamat Bertunang Zaf!

Let’s check out the pictures.

The Pelamin

The Puteri

The Puteri, The Dayangs & The Pahlawans

Zaf & Her Dayangs

The Dayangs ( They love taking pics!)

Zaf's Hantaran

Hantaran from both side

It was placed along the aisle

Another angle

"The Moment"

With Opie's parents

Her Parents

The AJK... hehe... Me, Zaf, Fedo & Azli

Cheers!

2 comments:

Desiree Kaur said...

You should wear baju melayu more often :) hehehehe

j.a.r.i. said...

well done aziz!!
cheers!

Water Business!

Let’s talk about one of the most important consumer items — water, or more precisely bottled water (be it still, reverse osmosis or whatev...