Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Rainforest Music Festival

I have always wanted to go to the Rainforest World Music Festival. I've read and heard so much about it -for many years. It is after-all one of the largest music festivals in Southeast Asia.

Thousands of people travelled from all across the globe to attend the three-day festival to experience music and traditional instruments from nearly every continent.

An opportunity came and i got to attend the festival. It was quite an experience, although it was not like what I had imagined.

There were all sorts of people. I could tell they all truly enjoyed the festival, although they don't understand the language. Everyone just dance to whatever tune they hear.

The saying "music brings people together" may sound cliche but that is exactly what happen there.

I saw people covered with mud. I saw performance that don't make any sense and I also saw a group of cool musicians.

The atmosphere was kinda amazing. The trees, the lighting, the simplicity of the entire set up.

It was nice. Really nice.

It's just not my thing, I guess.

No comments:

Water Business!

Let’s talk about one of the most important consumer items — water, or more precisely bottled water (be it still, reverse osmosis or whatev...