Saturday, May 10, 2008

Holiday @ Bangkok

If i were to summarize the whole trip, i'd say : It was fantastic. I never want to come back.

I took a cab to office as it would be easier for me to shoot straight to the airport. Before i left, i did one last thing; went to the supermarket and bought plenty of Maggi Mee. I'm a little particular about food, so I had to ensure I have everything.

My colleagues were a little surprised when they saw a bag full of maggi. Haha....
.

DAY ONE

8:00am : We woke up and went for breakfast.
10:00am : We got out from the hotel and head to "Chatucak Market". We took the train!

Chatucak Market was just too huge, a little confusing and way too hot! But i enjoyed it. Basically i was on a crazy shopping spree. I bought everything i like.


My friends were a little worried about finding something for their family, friends etc etc... Me on the other hand decided to be selfish. If i see anything that reminds me of someone, i'll take it. I'm not gonna waste time looking for specific something for someone.

We had few stops to recharge

I must say, the drinks were really good! They have all sorts of juices and fusion stuff. However, the way they name the drinks are pretty hillarious. See below:

I had "Beauty Skin". Haha

After a short break, it was shop shop and shop. I dindt take many pics coz i was busy shopping Lol!

Too many!

We had lunch at a cute little stall. I didn't take any pics of the food coz it was nothing to scream about. However, i found something extraordinary at the stall! Check out the below pictures and see if you notice anything interesting with the 'tables'.

The 'Tables".. Notice anything?

Close-up. This should help. Do you know what is this?

It was pretty uncomfortable. Especially since we had loads of stuff..

7:30 pm: We left the market, when most of the shops were already closed. Haha. It was raining and we had to run to the station.

7:55 pm: As we reach the station near the hotel, we stop by for a foot massage.

9:00 pm: Dinner @ Secret Recipe

*Me looking horrible after a long day*

I must say, Secret Recipe in Thailand are very good with presentation. Especially with their drinks!

Everyone did a little check on their budget so that we can plan on how to finish the cash.


We figured that we are still "rich" and went back to the hotel to get ready. It was party time!
1:30 am: We were back on shopping along the street.
2.45 am: We were exhausted and went to bed.

DAY TWO

9.15 am: I woke up and literally push Fedo out of his bed. I told them that we are going for breakfast every single day. Haha

Fedo lookin a little sober and reluctant about breakfast!

We made a list of what to buy. And to do that, we had to convert some cash.

11:00am : We arrived at this station. Guess what? It's Chatucak Market again!!!!

3:00pm : We found this stall at the market. I've been here before the food is pretty good (and Halal)

We saw few Malaysians there as well.

This is what i had. Chicken Briyani

Azli had this. I can't remember what is it

And Fedo ordered this. Tom Yam. He was suprised to know that it is served in & with coconut!

Fedo enjoying is lunch.

Lunch was pretty short coz time was running out and both of them still have a long list to complete.


Aah, let me re-cap something at this small shop

Scene One

Me: [Looking at one nice shirt] Hurrmmm... do you have this in small size?
Salesman : Yes sir... Hold on [Handed me the shirt]
Me: Can i try?
Salesman: Of course! This will look nice on you.
Me: [Tryin the shirt]
*It was the correct size for me. And i got excited*

Me: Show me everything you have in this size [i always wanted to say this!!!]

Obviously the salesman was pretty happy to hear that. He took out about 9 shirts and i bought 7. Haha....


Scene Two
Another customer:
Hi. Can i try this shirt?
Salesman: Of course!
The Customer: Where do i try?
Salesman: You can just try here [they dont have fitting room!]
The Customer: Awh, ok...

*So, the dude took off his shirt. And he was pretty hairy*

Salesman: Whoa.... You're a monkey! *laugh*
The Customer : *Smile*

Conclusion: Thais are Extremely friendly & funny!!

We continued walking around and buying stuff. Along the way, we were entertained by....

7:00 pm : We were exhausted. So we stepped out of the market to smoke. (no smoking within the market area!)

Me & Fedo

Fedo & Azli

Me & Azli

Fedo's very stylish slippers!

8:00 pm: We got back to hotel. Throw everything in the room and went out for another massage session!

The place was really nice. And i had the best massage ever. I was complaining about my back pain few weeks back and i can say, it's gone. It was really good.

We went shopping again that night. I finished all my cash and borrowed from Fedo and went out shopping, walking around again. I went back to the hotel with THB20 (RM2)

DAY THREE

Ok, i finished all the cash i borrowed from Fedo. I had about 8 hours before catching my flight...So, i borrowed some more! [lucky that guy brought extra USD]

We went for our last massage and just walk around the area.. Took few interesting pictures


A lady sewing suits along the streets. Trust me, her work is pretty darn good!

Self-explainatory

Fedo & Azli

Just look at this bulding. There's a club on each floor!

Fedo.

Hear Hear!

Friendship Massage..

Thais love thei King. HM pic was everywhere!

They have nice mosque as well!

I had this delicious Mango with Sticky rice at the airport.

I was a little frustrated it's over. It was really good. Can't wait for my next holiday!

~Cheers!

7 comments:

@xiM said...

wow so many stories in one entry...dont know how to comment,so i make it simple:

the food is kewl,the culture looks fantastic,and overall i think Thai's is faboluos..nice vacation though..!!

Anonymous said...

..and I might just follow u guys for the next round! ;) .... can really see u guys were enjoying urself.. =)

hugs n kisssees!

* liena *

Unknown said...

He Axim!

Haha.. i sort off cramp everything in one entry innit? Guess what? i have not written about what i bought!

Haha... it was a nice vacation. You should go as well!

Unknown said...

Dearest Liena,

U HAVE to go the next time around!

Love ya!!!

Zafrina said...

banyaknye shopping... dalam banyak2 tu agak2 ada tak utk aku???? hehehehehe...

Anonymous said...

Uishhhh best gilerr! Will tell ur mom u went for some exotic massage! ;P Haha.

Unknown said...

replica bags new york replica bags south africa replica bags high quality

Water Business!

Let’s talk about one of the most important consumer items — water, or more precisely bottled water (be it still, reverse osmosis or whatev...