Saturday, January 26, 2013

Twenty Twelve


As we greet 2013 with a big fat smile, I'd like to just recap my personal highlights of 2012.

To me, 2012 was a year full of emotion. A year full of tears for both joy and sadness. But most importantly, it was a year that taught me to be a better (and slightly) stronger person.

I celebrated the arrival of 2012 with a bang in Siem Reap. It was a great party. There were at least two thousand strangers on the pub street party, dancing away and enjoying the fireworks. It was a very interesting start of the year.

Twenty days later, one of my dear friend, died of sudden lung infection. I knew he was not well, but didn't know it was that serious. I was literally laughing with him one weekend and attending his funeral the next. I was in total shock. It was extremely hard to even try to process his death and the fact that he is gone, forever. The shock still reverberates today and I constantly stumble over the realisation that he is gone.

It was pretty hard to see my friends, as everyone was going through the same thing & try to comfort each other. Work kept me busy, in which I am so thankful. It was the one thing that kept me going.

In February, I had another extremely awful experience. It was the toughest phase i had to go through. I broke down many times but in the end, everything went well.

Later on I had a chance to go to Beijing and Philippines for the very first time, which was truly awesome.

In march, I went to London, where I had a brief chance to see my cousins. It was a matter of hours, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I finally got my house completed. Glad it's all done, exactly the way I wanted it. I didn't do a big house warming thing like what I initially planned. I thought it was unnecessary. I did a small do with my family.

I celebrated my birthday with the usual group. I was late for my own party but it was all fun. The very next day, I went to Nepal.

A month later, 26th May 2012 -My cousin (the one in UK) had an accident and passed away. I was in Japan. It was in shock, again. I couldn't believe it. He was a great guy and I was pretty close with him. He was a great driver -never had an accident in his entire life. And the one accident he had took his life and changed ours.

15th August 2012 -My dear sister gave birth to a beautiful baby girl and named her Zaara. It was my happiest day of the year.

If i could sum up the overall feeling for the year, it has to be what i experienced on 16th December 2012. I was in Leicester. I woke up feeling great, enjoyed simple breakfast made by my cousin and then decided to visit the graveyard. It was tough. Later on, I head to Birmingham to attend a wedding function. It was fun.

It was a year of good news, sad news and some that was a little of both.


Here is my highlight list… what does yours look like?

No comments:

Water Business!

Let’s talk about one of the most important consumer items — water, or more precisely bottled water (be it still, reverse osmosis or whatev...