Thursday, January 3, 2013

Lombok :: The Red AirAsia Plane

Lots has happened since my last blog post. So much has been happening, I haven’t had time to update my blog!

Since i'm in the mood, I'm going to continue from where I left; Lombok.

If there is one story I must share about Lombok, it has to be this one.

My colleague and me went to Lombok a day before our inaugural flight, so we can make necessary arrangements for the arrival. As we were leaving the airport, I noticed a huge crowd "chilling" all over the outside compound, almost like a night market. So I asked the taxi driver what's up.

He told me that the airport is fairly new and for the community, it's a nice place to hang out at night. And then he said "AirAsia will start flying to Lombok tomorrow".

We were pretty pleased to hear that as it shows the news is out.

Upon checking in, I had the usual casual talk with the staff. And he said "Lombok is growing. AirAsia will start flying here 4 times a week".

Wow. But then, the taxi driver and hotel staff are in tourism industry, they should know..

The most shocking thing was on the day of our inaugural flight. I was on the Tarmac, waiting for the aircraft to arrive, and I noticed a huge crowd outside the airport. I had to ask one of the airport staff because I was pretty puzzled --They were literally baking under the hot sun!

And the answer was, "Mereka datang untuk lihat pesawat merah AirAsia" (they came to see the red AirAsia plane).

Simply amazing. This is what AirAsia is all about.

Now everyone can fly.



No comments:

Water Business!

Let’s talk about one of the most important consumer items — water, or more precisely bottled water (be it still, reverse osmosis or whatev...