Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Phuket :: Day Two

According to my itinerary:

Day Two: Visit Phanga Bay on the main land and James Bond Island. Visit Thum Lod, Dog Mountain, Elephant Mountain, Koh Panyee(Muslim Village built on still over the sea). Lunch served at Panyee Island.Return to Phuket on time. We are using Long Tail Boat and Life Jacket provided to all passengers.

Mr Samphan, our tour guide told us to be ready by 8:00am at the hotel lobby. I woke up at 6:30 am to get ready and went for breakfast. At around 7:30am, a hotel staff approaches us saying our pick-up has arrived. (So early!!!!)

I had no choice but to ask them to wait. Breakfast is one important meal for me during vacation because I know I will not be able to eat lunch or dinner that much. Halal food abroad usually means seafood (just like dinner the night before), and I don’t eat seafood.

I quickly finished my breakfast and jump into the van and off we go. It was quite a distance, and I slept all the way!

They woke me up when we arrived at a temple. And I was extremely puzzled. A temple? Where are the islands? Why are we here?

Later on I was told that the Phanga Bay is about 12KM away, and every trip stops at the temple first. (They just never bothered to include it in the itinerary).

In case you don’t know, I do enjoy visiting temples, get to know about culture and check out the intricate architecture of temples and spiritual buildings.

The temple we went was Suwan Kuha Temple or also known as Wat Tam (the cave temple). I have been to the grand palace in Bangkok, and I can go on and on talking about the massive complex. But for Wat Suwan Kuha, all I can say is: Its a temple in a cave!

There were plenty of monkeys at the entrance. The interior of the cave is rather attractive. The main highlight of the temple is a15-metre-long reclining Buddha.

A cute (but very aggressive) monkey!

The monkeys are very well fed. Tourist just love to buy food and see them eat.

The 15M reclining Buddha

Nice natural architecture


All of the little black dots are BATS!

Check out the colors!

The sign says "Don't write anything on the rock, Please"

The entrance

Ok, the visit was nice. Now can we go to the James Bond island please?

~Cheers!

No comments:

Water Business!

Let’s talk about one of the most important consumer items — water, or more precisely bottled water (be it still, reverse osmosis or whatev...