Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Maxis Sucks!!

I am so pissed with maxis i dont know how to put it in words. I've been having this problem for 10 days. Can you believe it? 10 freaking days!!

I have been using maxis for the longest time. I was among the first to get it, which explains why my modem has “Huawei” printed on it.

I’ve never had any major problems with it. In fact, I’ve been promoting it to my friends, colleagues and clients.

Something is definitely wrong with maxis network but their helpline keep pointing it back to me. I’ve been talking to them so many times; I even know what they will say.

Below are the steps:
  1. Unplug your modem, wait for 15 minutes and try plug it again
  2. Uninstall the programme and install it again
  3. Go to settings, and change your connection type. Try 3G only or GPRS only …
  4. Try choose your network manually
  5. Check your Local Area Connection
The best i could get was 84.2KB. WTF??


Since I memorised the entire troubleshooting process, I did everything on my own. When the was still “NO NETWORK”, I had no choice but to call their helpline. This time, a lady by the name of Rina answered.

And guess what, she asked me to repeat the whole process. I repeteadly told her I HAVE DONE ALL THAT CRAP AND ITS NOT WORKING.

So, I told that girl:

Me: The reason I’m calling is to ask you what the hell is wrong. This is like my 7th time calling in 10 days. What is wrong? Should I bring my laptop and broadband to one of your outlet to get it fixed? I cannot afford to waste my time on this non-stop problem
Rina: *Silence*
Me: Hello… hello? R u there?
Rina: Yes sir, I’m here.
Me: I just asked you a question. And you just kept quiet??
Rina: Can you check your Local Area Network?
Me: I HAVE DONE THAT. Is there anything else I can do?
Rina: No sir, that’s the only thing you can do.
Me: So, you are saying, I just have to bear with it? I’m paying for the service and I expect my broadband to work.
Rina: *Silence*
Me: Hello.. r u there?
Rina: Yes sir.
Me: You are not helping! You don’t even answer my questions!
Rina: Can I have your address, sir. (For some weird reason, all of them like to ask this question)
Me: Check on your system!
Rina: Is is Suite C-10…..?
Me: Yes. You have all my details.
Rina: Is it a high rise building?
Me: Yes, it is. I am on 10th floor. But don’t you say that was the problem. I’ve been in the same office since I bought your broadband and it was working just fine.
Rina: I will check with my technical support and will call you back shortly.
Me: Call me when you have the solution.


5 mins later

Rina: Im calling from Maxis…..
Me: Yes.
Rina: My technical team is going through your complain record and they will contact you once they have identified the problem.
Me: And how long will that take:
Rina: I’m not sure, sir.
Me: How long does it normally take?
Rina: I’m not sure.
Me: I’m very upset with this. I am paying for nothing!
Rina: Is there anything else I could help sir?
Me: No, you never help anyway.


I've been a loyal customer of Maxis. Maybe its about time to change!

UPDATE: It's been 47 hours and their "Technical Team" have not contacted me.

~Cheers!

6 comments:

Shamir Adnan said...

Couldn't agree more.. being frustrated with MALAYSIAN so called BORED-BAND!

Desiree Kaur said...

I agree with you Aziz, sometimes it's just so frustrating. At one point it kept disconnecting by itself non-stop..it drove me crazy. I have been told that Celcom Broadband is pretty good...might consider it!

Ray said...

You are not alone. The link below may provide you some guidance should you consider terminating the Maxis BB service:

http://ayusli.com/2008/02/terminating-maxis-broadband-account-part-1/

Monica Voon said...

Maxis, like Astro, talks more than it does. They should save the advertising money, and spend it on giving subscribers paid-for service!

Aziz, your interaction with the Maxis "customer care" (LOL!) person was deja vu. After numerous calls, I also learnt how to troubleshoot the damn thing myself -- go to ZTE, disconnect, choose WCDMA or GSM, connect, back to ZTE. Wow!

The last couple of months, I had to take one more step. Switch everything off, TAKE OUT THE BATTERY FROM THE MODEM, wait 10 minutes, start again. Sometimes it worked -- for about five minutes, then it would cut out again.

When I asked the customer care person whether I should change the modem ... ummmm ... check with technical people ... reconfigure the network in your area (why???) ... try again in 20 mins ...

Seriously, are they in the 21st century?

And let's not get started on Astro. Info screens so archaic as to be laughable (what are they upgrading all the time? and to what???). Title : "Black Mountain tournament." Info : "Black Mountain tournament." Series like CSI that have been running for years don't display info on the particular episode but the series, for example, CSI team is back, using latest techniques to solve violent murders ... oh, really?

Yup, I'm terminating the Maxis Blah Band "service."

Laugh or cry?

Unknown said...

Shamir -True!!

Dess -lets go for celcom!!

Ray -Thanks man. Appreciate it! good to know its not just me.

Monica -Their so called technical people contacted me after 3 days... and the only thing he ask was "is everything ok?"

I was mad. They were suppose to go through the whole thing and identify the problems for me.

Halfway through the conversation, i hung up. its pointless.

Im terminatig them as well!

farra canada said...

hi.came across this site when i was googling on the Maxis broad???band. lol

the connection gets really slow s'times and whenever there's no network..all i do is unplug/replug the modem and the problem is solved.
its the slow connection that frustrates me smtimes.
so am i switching to the Celcom broadband? not Yet *grin* ...or perhaps, after u.. . . n ur reviews.heh

Water Business!

Let’s talk about one of the most important consumer items — water, or more precisely bottled water (be it still, reverse osmosis or whatev...