Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Vietnam Retreat -Halong Bay



I was told that one of the things to do in Vietnam is to visit the Halong Bay. Now that I have been there, I’d like to say it’s a must!


Halong Bay is beautiful beyond words. If you are looking for a place to relax and enjoy nature at its best, Halong Bay is the place.


It is made up of 1,969 islands of various sizes. This densely concentrated zone of stone islands, world famous for its spectacular scenery of grottoes and caves has been named a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

While exploring the bay, you feel lost in a legendary world of stone islands. There is Man's Head Island, which resembles a man standing and looking towards the mainland. Dragon Island looks like a dragon hovering above the turquoise water. And there was also a kissing island (as I was told).


The best way to explore natural wonder is to take the cruise.

We took the Victory Cruise. It’s a comfortable 42 meter cruise. I took a day trip but if you are planning to spend a night there, the cruise has 21 luxurious cabins with private bath, air conditioning, etc. Well, you’ll get all the amenities and services you would expect from a three-star hotel.

Lunch looks good on the cruise as well.

But since I don’t eat seafood, and meat is usually non-halal, I had to go for the simple stuff…


It was one of the most peaceful place I have ever been. And I’d love to go back there with my friends (party on the cruise? Hell yeah!)

Let's check out some pics i took:


This girl jumped into out boat to sell bananas

This is a School. Hard to beleive? Yeap its true



Cheers!

No comments:

Water Business!

Let’s talk about one of the most important consumer items — water, or more precisely bottled water (be it still, reverse osmosis or whatev...