Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Vietnam Retreat -Halal Food

Visiting Vietnam was a little bit challenging, food wise. A lot of the people there still think that Halal food is just “pork-free”.


And if you know me well, you should know that I am rather fussy with food. I don’t eat seafood, I don’t like anything spicy and im not really a vege fan. Chicken is like a permanent daily dish.


Anyway, I have had similar experiences with my visit to other countries. So, I was prepared (and it was never a big deal coz I am so used of skipping lunch most of the time!)



A friend told me about this restaurant in Hanoi. It was right at the centre of the town but considering the size of the city, it was no surprise for me to just walk in circle.


We stumbled into a mosque and thought it would be best to just ask for direction.



I must say, the Vietnamese are really friendly and helpful. Realising we don’t really get the direction, this dude offered to guide us to the restaurant.


A very nice dude who guided us to the restaurant

I was soooo excited to see this sign!


NISA Restaurant is the first Halal Malaysian restaurant in Hanoi. It was founded by Mr. Ben Taat Haji Alias, a Malaysian!


He was very happy to welcome us, and I was extremely happy to know that my kinda food is there! Haha


Chicken Briyani


Naan & Tandoori


Everyone at the restaurant were able to converse in Malay, which was cute (coz they are Vietnamese). The food was really good! I’m not saying this because I don’t have much choice, but honestly the food was really something I’d say “worth waking up for” (The Breakfast show tagline.. hehe)



If you are a Muslim travelling to Hanoi, I’d recommend you to note their address because from what I heard, NISA restaurant is now the only Halal restaurant in Hanoi. Check their website by clicking HERE!


Note: I also found a nice vegetarian restaurant there. That's coming out in a different story :)


~Cheers!

No comments:

Water Business!

Let’s talk about one of the most important consumer items — water, or more precisely bottled water (be it still, reverse osmosis or whatev...